Bit of diy help needed fellas (1 Viewer)

Sky_Blue_Daz

Just to clarify I'm useless at this sort of stuff

Anyway we bought a new bed for my daughter a couple of months ago the bed is a metal frame with wooden rope slats holding the mattress in place anyhow the slats are falling through the frame could I use a "no more nails" or gorilla glue to glue the slats to the frame?
Cheers in advance

chiefdave

Are the slats just resting on top of the frame with no way to fix them in place?

I'd be tempted to get on the phone to wherever you got it from.

Nick

Administrator
You won't fix it.

I had the same, measure it up and get a bit off thick mdf from b and a.

Take the slats off and put a few bolts through the wood and frame.

Will be solid!

Sky_Blue_Daz

The slat are just placed on the frame doesn't look like there's any way they can be fixed onto it,the wife bought the bed from IKEA

Johnnythespider

Take mattress, place on floor and say it's the latest thing from Japan.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Rich

Is it by chance a cheap pine bed? We have one from ikea and have the same problem. Best way I found was to use a timber or metal strap going across from one side to the other tying the whole thing together. Screw it in obviously and it'll be right.

Skinnythebear

I assume you have the slats bending upwards and not 'sagging' downwards.
If you have then you are either missing some fittings or you have bought a pile of crap.
Either way take the fooker back!!

Covstu

You won't fix it.

I had the same, measure it up and get a bit off thick mdf from b and a.

Take the slats off and put a few bolts through the wood and frame.

Will be solid!

Nice one Nick, that puts that issue to bed....

chiefdave

I've bought quite a bit of stuff from Ikea and tbh I was pleasantly surprised. Sturdy and decent quality.

Got some of their Billy bookcases are they are pretty good for cheap flat pack. Had them a few years and fully loaded with DVDs and the sheves are still nice and level.

On the other hand spent best part of a grand on a massive leather sofa from there and it was a piece of crap. Only lasted a couple of years and then I couldn't even give it away.

NorthernWisdom

Got some of their Billy bookcases are they are pretty good for cheap flat pack. Had them a few years and fully loaded with DVDs and the sheves are still nice and level.

On the other hand spent best part of a grand on a massive leather sofa from there and it was a piece of crap. Only lasted a couple of years and then I couldn't even give it away.

Yeah actually like their bookcases. They've had enough cash off me for them, even got the white ones up in the loft.

Users who are viewing this thread