Barnet (1 Viewer)

CV22SBA

Got my ticket and looking forward to this as new ground for me and love a London trip. They only got 1.6K on Saturday and we have an allocation of 1K. Reckon we'll sell out being an early KO and on Sky?

Tommo72

Got my ticket and looking forward to this as new ground for me and love a London trip. They only got 1.6K on Saturday and we have an allocation of 1K. Reckon we'll sell out being an early KO and on Sky?

Deffo sell out for this, will reach general sale though no problem

better days

Very nice new ground but very limited parking locally
It was originally developed for local non League side Wealdstone but I think they had financial issues and eventually Barnet took it over and developed it themselves
There is a clubhouse but it's quite small so anyone wanting a pre or post match drink would do better looking for a local pub
The local tube station is a short walk away

pusbccfc

I think we'll sell 1500 if we beat Crewe.

steve82

I think it being a lunchtime game and the fact it's on Sky may keep a few away.

It has for me, saving the funds for Accrington.

mark82

Very nice new ground but very limited parking locally
It was originally developed for local non League side Wealdstone but I think they had financial issues and eventually Barnet took it over and developed it themselves
There is a clubhouse but it's quite small so anyone wanting a pre or post match drink would do better looking for a local pub
The local tube station is a short walk away

Park at Stanmore. One stop on the tube.

Alan Frankton

More tickets will be on sale?? Forgot about the onsale date this morning - living in London so wanna snap up any chance to watch the team, this and Luton are top on my list

MCB

Good morning Coventry peeps. Not sure if being on Sky is a good thing or not but for those worried about tickets:

The Away Stand holds 1,800 so there will be further tickets. And we have the ability to give another 1000 fans seats in the old away stand (part of the Main West Stand). So unless you will sell over 2,800 (?) it's unlikely you'll have any issues. Both the away stand and the emergency away stand have great bars underneath - there is not much in the area, so drink in town (difficult with the k/o time) or in the club bars (lots of TV's / sofas / chairs styled after the 1966 WC winners in the hope that Luton fans wouldn't trash it).

You can park at the ground (£5 - get there early) or at Canons Park Underground (8 minute walk) - which is the best way of getting to the Hive anyway.You may find it quicker to get away parking at Stanmore and tubing it down to Canon Park just as its' easier to reach main roads).

As for the game - hard to know - we're alternating promotion / relegation standard performances, but been hit hard by the loss of first choice GK, LB, RB, CM and our two main strikers (league top & 2nd top scorer for the last two seasons in Akinde & club record signing Tarpey who lasted 3 minutes in his home debut before injuring himself). Initially we could sustain these losses as we have very talented youngsters - but they now to play every minute of every game, we we're conceeding a lot of last minute goals. We tonked Cambridge, out fought and beat Luton and outplayed Exeter at home (albeit Exeter beat us with a last minute goal), trashed Swindon 1-4 away, but were toothless against Stevenage, Crewe and Crawley, so maybe we play better against the good teams. You should win

clint van damme

Good morning Coventry peeps. Not sure if being on Sky is a good thing or not but for those worried about tickets:

The Away Stand holds 1,800 so there will be further tickets. And we have the ability to give another 1000 fans seats in the old away stand (part of the Main West Stand). So unless you will sell over 2,800 (?) it's unlikely you'll have any issues. Both the away stand and the emergency away stand have great bars underneath - there is not much in the area, so drink in town (difficult with the k/o time) or in the club bars (lots of TV's / sofas / chairs styled after the 1966 WC winners in the hope that Luton fans wouldn't trash it).

You can park at the ground (£5 - get there early) or at Canons Park Underground (8 minute walk) - which is the best way of getting to the Hive anyway.You may find it quicker to get away parking at Stanmore and tubing it down to Canon Park just as its' easier to reach main roads).

As for the game - hard to know - we're alternating promotion / relegation standard performances, but been hit hard by the loss of first choice GK, LB, RB, CM and our two main strikers (league top & 2nd top scorer for the last two seasons in Akinde & club record signing Tarpey who lasted 3 minutes in his home debut before injuring himself). Initially we could sustain these losses as we have very talented youngsters - but they now to play every minute of every game, we we're conceeding a lot of last minute goals. We tonked Cambridge, out fought and beat Luton and outplayed Exeter at home (albeit Exeter beat us with a last minute goal), trashed Swindon 1-4 away, but were toothless against Stevenage, Crewe and Crawley, so maybe we play better against the good teams. You should win

thanks mate, how far is the walk from Edgeware tube? I know it's not the closest but it's easier to get to from Euston than Canons Park.

MCB

thanks mate, how far is the walk from Edgeware tube? I know it's not the closest but it's easier to get to from Euston than Canons Park.

Get 340, 186 and 79 and get off at Canons Park Station. You can walk walk it (guess at 25-30 mins?) but it's a bloody ugly walk.

If you're coming from Euston - the quickest way is taking the 3 minute walk to Euston Square and then getting the Metropolitan Line to Wembley Park (very fast - cuts out about 8 stops on the Jubilee Line) and then cross the platform for the Jubilee Line for 3 stops to Canons Park. Should be 30 minutes. Also lots of football boozers around Euston.

oscillatewildly

Thanks for info MCB, I'm sure that will assist those travelling - I'm making the journey with a small group by train and will pass on that info as an option.
I must admit I hadn't studied your form so far this season but your brief overview is not too dissimilar to ours (Early days for everyone,Eh?)
Wasn't aware of the injury to the boy Tarpey - he turned us down, (reasons perfectly sensible) got to feel sorry for someone coming into league football at such a 'late' stage and suffering a set back like that. And for you also! Not sure about injury lists but we've been dealt a blow by losing (starting with Barnet) our new goal scoring sensation (4 and counting!) to international duty - Lg2 and we suffer losses to international call up!
I must take some encouragement though from the statistics of our previous meetings - Based on that, 1-1. Here's hoping for a good day both footer and social.

better days

Very useful thanks. Been to your ground for a few U23 and U18 games, a nice stadium with good facilities and training pitches
Agree about parking though. If it's anywhere near capacity it will be a nightmare locally
So sorry to hear about Tarpey getting injured so soon after making the big step up from non League, The poor guy must have been sick to the stomach

Cov kid 55

Good, informative post, thank you. Looking forward to the day, and wishing you all the best for the season, except for a couple of games! Oh, and we're Cov, and won't be taking your 'you should win' for granted!

CV22SBA

I do the train to most England games, like MCB said from Euston turn right and a couple of mins walk to Euston Square. Jump on the tube to Baker Street (2 stops) and there is a pub right opposite the station called The Globe, it opens at 10am aswell so can have a few pints before the game. Then you can jump back on the tube (Jubilee Line) at Baker Street to Canons Park (10 stops).

Users who are viewing this thread