Away days! (1 Viewer)

pauljdh

I was bored the other day and decided to map out our away games for next season....Crewe was the last piece of the jigsaw. I live in Derbyshire about 60 miles north of the Ricoh, so for me theres a lot of games not too far away.....Notts Co, Blades, Walsall, Crewe and loads in the North West etc.

My reasoning is that I :

a dont want to renew my season ticket until the gits are gone, Id rather give my cash to those "little teams" and support the boys on their travels.
b fancy a change of scenery.
c fed up sitting with people watching scores on smartphones and ignoring the game (block 18 is full of them!)
d fancy some standing up again and some singing!
e pies should be good!

Thats where my efforts going next season!

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?msid=215855256143246334938.0004bebf9746a02255788&msa=0

CCFC Germany

Nice work !!
But how does it work ?
Wanted to do something similar, but I didn't know how.
It will always just show my checked-into places...

Astute

I will be at all of them on the days I am not at work. Looking forward to when they release the fixture list so I can see what delightful places and grounds I can get to visit for the first time.

Sisu_Cockroaches

Its going to be an interesting long season and i dont think anyone knows how it going to go. I suppose we have got to be thankful that the English football league has so much depth and so many clubs that third tier football is not the end of the world. I can honestly say i am now looking forward to the season now visiting grounds like Oldham which i remeber from the prem days and MK Dons new ground and strangely looking forward to Brentford and Leyton Orient. Don't fancy Carlisle on a Tuesday Night though!

Astute

Carlisle will be my closest game. About an hour away. That will be a rare game that I can still go to if i am on days and it is a midweek game. I work 5:30 to 5:30.

skybluesteve76

Nice work op. I'm looking forward to going to as many of these games as possible. Plenty of northern ones within two hours or so. My plan next season is to also go away rather than home to experience these grounds.

Sky Blue Kid

Its going to be an interesting long season and i dont think anyone knows how it going to go. I suppose we have got to be thankful that the English football league has so much depth and so many clubs that third tier football is not the end of the world. I can honestly say i am now looking forward to the season now visiting grounds like Oldham which i remeber from the prem days and MK Dons new ground and strangely looking forward to Brentford and Leyton Orient. Don't fancy Carlisle on a Tuesday Night though!

Astute will love the Carlisle game, it will be his (Home game);)

LastGarrison

After seriously slacking the past two seasons I will be looking to do as many aways as possible. Gonna bite the bullet and actually drive to em rather than just going for a day on the lash..........although I'm sure there will be a few of those as well. :whistle:

sky_blue_up_north

Living up North many of the games will closer to me than the Ricoh. Pleased Crewe got promoted my shortest away day... 8 miles :claping hands:

SkyBlueMania

Carlisle will be the home game for me, am already looking forward to it! Maybe Hartlepool but might be a bit of a trek!

Users who are viewing this thread