Attempted coup in Turkey (1 Viewer)

clint van damme

Another one of May's pals...doesn't look like they are about to join the EU either.

Boris will be disappointed, he was banging the drum for their inclusion not long ago, (oh, perhaps not, forgot he's a Brexiter now).

Captain Dart

Boris will be disappointed, he was banging the drum for their inclusion not long ago, (oh, perhaps not, forgot he's a Brexiter now).

You know one of Boris's ancestors was Ali Kemal (1867 – 6 November 1922) was a liberal Ottoman journalist, newspaper editor, and poet[1] who was for some three months Minister of the Interior in the government of Damat Ferid Pasha, Grand Vizier of the Ottoman Empire. He was murdered during the Turkish War of Independence.

Just to continue the surreal Sir Hughe Montgomery Knatchbull-Hugessen was attached to the ambassadors staff in Constantinople after WWI.

Coincidence, I don't think so!

clint van damme

Don't the DUP believe that the world is only 6000 years old?

Will you be equally horrified when your beloved Tories go into collaboration with them?

there's absolutely no doubt they'd introduce the same policy in NI or indeed the whole of the UK if they could get away with it.

Captain Dart

there's absolutely no doubt they'd introduce the same policy in NI or indeed the whole of the UK if they could get away with it.

Nothing remotely like you suggest in their policy statement
Policies - Every child with the opportunity to succeed | Democratic Unionist Party

Anyway, the DUP has nothing to do with Turkey & the gradual destruction of the secular state established by Attaturk as Edrogan becomes a virtual dictator.

Absolutely, they're already tried to get creationism taught in science lessons in NI.
It was one more extreme assembly member, I myself condemn any attempt to suppress science & understanding for faith or other reasons.

clint van damme

Nothing remotely like you suggest in their policy statement
Policies - Every child with the opportunity to succeed | Democratic Unionist Party

Anyway, the DUP has nothing to do with Turkey & the gradual destruction of the secular state established by Attaturk as Edrogan becomes a virtual dictator.

It was one more extreme assembly member, I myself condemn any attempt to suppress science & understanding for faith or other reasons.

they're not going to put it in their manifesto are they?

Party conference: Teach creationism in science class - 40% of DUP - BelfastTelegraph.co.uk

They may be mental but they're not stupid, But I think you knew that.

Captain Dart

Anyway back in Turkey.. make you own thread if you want to discuss regressive tendencies in domestic matters.

Captain Dart

Sick Boy

That’s not at all how the EU works. If one country vetoes then it ain’t happening.

And we could’ve been that country but decided we want less control of our regulations.

It's funny that such a powerful country like Britain has helped ensure that Germany is now ruling Europe as a dictatorship.

Ranjit Bhurpa

If Cyprus were to attack Turkey from the rear, would Greece help?

martcov

Never say never.
If it ever becomes in Germany's interests for Turkey to join then they will. Right now it's in Merkel's election interests to say they're not.

Not because they are arresting journalists and other people with German passports, spying on German- Turks in Germany, trying to pressurise Germany to hand over Turlish asylum seekers e.g. ex police and army officers who have fled, not allowing German MPs to visit German NATO bases and intending to bring back the death penalty - in addition to saying they don't need the EU? Just Merkel's election interests? I think you may be obsessed with Merkel. There are 27 countries still interested in the future of the EU who are not too bothered whether Merkel or Schulz is Kanzler/ in solely because of Turkey. The death penalty would exclude membership on it's own anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread