Are we back to the same situation? (1 Viewer)

SkyBlueSwiss

To my mind, we appear to be paralleling to an extent what happened in the season before we last got relegated.
We have appointed a new manager late in the season that to my mind is scarily like Thorn (yes, I know he hasn't had many games, but his tactics, his after game talks, the awful style of play etc. are scaring me. I am most definitely already of the opinion that he is not going to be good for us). We are quite clearly going to be getting rid of a lot of players as stated by manager and club, and it is almost certainly going to include our higher-paid players (= mostly our better players) going out of the door first.
We are in an embargo and unless something changes dramatically we will still be in embargo when next season starts (assuming we are even around still as a club).
Because we are still in embargo, and because we will be dramatically cutting the playing squad, we will be back to the same situation we were in in our relegation season: an understaffed youth squad guided by an inexperienced manager who imho is just not good enough that will most probably get relegated.

We had better hope that some white knight rides in to save us, because if we do not get rid of SISU and get new owners, file our accounts and get out from under the embargo so we can start bringing in better players, get significant new investment so that we can buy those new players, settle with ACL and CCC and unite the club and ground etc. etc., because if those things don't happen soon, we really might be revisiting our last relegation season and find ourselves in the fourth division (that is if we are not punished to non-league status if SISU really have been as stupid as some are worried they may have been).

CCFCDan87

It's worse dwindling crowds, no certainly of where were playing next season and all players with any value gone in the summer

Davs

In my opinion, as I have said in another post, Pressley was brought in as a manager who would work with the young players. His sole remit is probably to avoid relegation next season.

My problem is that I am not convinced he can do it. We have, in my opinion, been weak defensively this season. We have managed a decent run due to having a couple of decent strikers, next season they will be gone and we have no way of getting replacement.

I fear for the future of the club.

Users who are viewing this thread