Anyone else watching the Oompha Loompa become president? (1 Viewer)

dutchman

Trumps argument in court to overturn the judge is hilarious. Its basically I'm the president and can do whatever I want whether its legal or constitutional or not.
Alternatively "I am an immigrant-loving judge and I can overturn the will of the American people".

martcov

The destruction of europe was caused by the German people backing Adolph Hitler, nothing else.

Which is what I said, not to build the EU. The German people elected Hitler, or at least put him in a position to do a deal with Von Pappen - who thought he could control Hitler. Hitler later got total control through an enabling act which allowed him to do basically what he wanted - to protect people from terrorism ( the Reichstag had been burnt down by a "terrorist" ).

The American people have elected Trump and he has already sacked the justice minister and is now attacking the judiciary with a red herring about the Islam ban. He is claiming that the judiciary is putting the country in danger of terrorism and that he will override them in the end. Sound familiar? No doubt he needs ultimate power to make USA great again. The press and the judiciary have to be defeated. But, heh, that's democracy, get over it.

Apropos democracy, where are all the Farage fans who hate unelected officials getting power? Steve Bannon is not elected and has now been given a place on the National Security Council. Not even Juncker holds such a position.

Bannon is also behind the Muslim ban and is dictating policy. Trump is ruling with an unelected clique and has his winter retreat. The winter White House, a sort of Berghof idea. I wonder where he pinched that idea?

If he now buys a German Sheppard dog, I'll fall over.

martcov

Nope, and the EU is doing its level best to stop Britain from leaving too. It remains to be seen whether they're successful in that or not.

Merkel has said we must accept the decision. Tusk has said we can reapply if we want to at a later date.

Schäuble has said don't punish Britain.

Doesn't sound like we are going to be forced to stay.

The EU is not happy with the decision. Nor are many Brits.

But, if we don't leave, it will not be because of the EU forcing us not to, it will be because the leavers are exposed or realisation sinks in.

At the moment it looks as if we are coming out and grovelling to people like the Saudis and Trump.

Over 70 years of peace and prosperity through cooperation to be replaced with joining Trump's plan of a world order of aggressive nation states competing economically.

It can only lead to more protectionismus and then conflict.

Hitler said the same thing in Mein Kampf. His solution was to have the strongest army in Europe and to obtain peace through strength. Trump has been nominated for the Nobel Peace prize for his policy of peace through strength.

The theme of the Nazi party's 1939 Parteitage was to be "Peace". Unfortunately the war stopped that.

The bullshit is back on the world stage.

As the "Alt right" leader said recently "hail Trump" "hail our people". The mouthpiece of the Alt Right is Breitbart who Steve Bannon made his career with and who with Trump, hates the EU.

It seems that you have fallen for right wing rhetoric.

Captain Dart

Which is what I said, not to build the EU. The German people elected Hitler, or at least put him in a position to do a deal with Von Pappen - who thought he could control Hitler. Hitler later got total control through an enabling act which allowed him to do basically what he wanted - to protect people from terrorism ( the Reichstag had been burnt down by a "terrorist" ).

The American people have elected Trump and he has already sacked the justice minister and is now attacking the judiciary with a red herring about the Islam ban. He is claiming that the judiciary is putting the country in danger of terrorism and that he will override them in the end. Sound familiar? No doubt he needs ultimate power to make USA great again. The press and the judiciary have to be defeated. But, heh, that's democracy, get over it.

Apropos democracy, where are all the Farage fans who hate unelected officials getting power? Steve Bannon is not elected and has now been given a place on the National Security Council. Not even Juncker holds such a position.

Bannon is also behind the Muslim ban and is dictating policy. Trump is ruling with an unelected clique and has his winter retreat. The winter White House, a sort of Berghof idea. I wonder where he pinched that idea?

If he now buys a German Sheppard dog, I'll fall over.

So do you think Trump will extend his Presidency indefinitely on some pretext, I think not, a lot of Yanks are barely educated and are indoctrinated into what you or I might consider rather extreme views but they're not all that thick?

wingy

So do you think Trump will extend his Presidency indefinitely on some pretext, I think not, a lot of Yanks are barely educated and are indoctrinated into what you or I might consider rather extreme views but they're not all that thick?
Given his techniques I think he could/can mindbend them into anything.
You only have to do it long enough, not just over there either.

Captain Dart

Just to be clear and coldly logical..
C4DerscWYAAPqIe.jpg

chiefdave

Did anyone see the healthcare debate on CNN between Bernie Sanders and Ted Cruz? A glimpse of what could have been for both parties. Think it would have been a much better campaign for the presidency with those two going up against each other.

Gazolba

Why do people keep talking about a 'muslim ban'? There is no such thing! The ban is a temporary ban on immigrants and refugees from a limited number of countries that support terrorism. The ban applies to everyone from those countries regardless of religion. And many muslim-majority countries are excluded from the ban altogether because those countries don't sponsor terrorism. And the temporary ban will itself be lifted when enhanced vetting procedures are in place. Trump does not want the trouble that Germany, Belgium and France have had to be repeated in the USA. All eminently sensible if you ask me.

Gazolba

Just to be clear and coldly logical..
C4DerscWYAAPqIe.jpg
Your diagram is not accurate. If you are a permanent resident, you are not a US citizen but Donald Trump is still your President.

martcov

Why do people keep talking about a 'muslim ban'? There is no such thing! The ban is a temporary ban on immigrants and refugees from a limited number of countries that support terrorism. The ban applies to everyone from those countries regardless of religion. And many muslim-majority countries are excluded from the ban altogether because those countries don't sponsor terrorism. And the temporary ban will itself be lifted when enhanced vetting procedures are in place. Trump does not want the trouble that Germany, Belgium and France have had to be repeated in the USA. All eminently sensible if you ask me.

I thought there was a loophole for persecuted minorities - in reality meaning Christians.

The trouble that Germany supposedly has is minute in comparison with the gun crime and accidental deaths caused by children playing with guns in the US. Banning all Muslims in the world will not effect the real danger of death by shooting in the US. The ban is directed against muslims- Trump said that in his campaign.

You obviously believe Bannon's bullshit. The principle here being, say it enough times and it becomes fact.

Sick Boy

Are you referring to the Muslim-majority countries who have caused the death of more American citizens than those banned but coincidentally are counties where Trump does business?

Why let something as petty as facts get in the way?

chiefdave

Anyone watch his press conference. Was 'interesting' to say the least!

I can see him not lasting much longer. There's already examination of the constitution being made by the senate to see if he can be removed and he's telling blatant provable lies every day. Not the usual political spin, outright lies.

eastwoodsdustman

Anyone watch his press conference. Was 'interesting' to say the least!

I can see him not lasting much longer. There's already examination of the constitution being made by the senate to see if he can be removed and he's telling blatant provable lies every day. Not the usual political spin, outright lies.

The CIA will have marksmen waiting in the wings for their chance.

scubasteve

It doesn't matter if you like him or not, agree with his policies or not. He is telling the truth that the media are liars and make up and twist news to fit their agenda. The way the election went with the constant bad press towards trump and bias towards Clinton was something I have never seen before. you would think Hillary Clinton was a saint they barely covered all the wiki leaks stuff that come out on her, the corruption in the Clinton foundation etc.
if the DNC hadn't stole the vote from Bernie Sanders in the California primary and became the democratic nominee, he would have won this election in a land slide and none of this nonsense would be happening.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

It doesn't matter if you like him or not, agree with his policies or not. He is telling the truth that the media are liars and make up and twist news to fit their agenda. The way the election went with the constant bad press towards trump and bias towards Clinton was something I have never seen before. you would think Hillary Clinton was a saint they barely covered all the wiki leaks stuff that come out on her, the corruption in the Clinton foundation etc.
if the DNC hadn't stole the vote from Bernie Sanders in the California primary and became the democratic nominee, he would have won this election in a land slide and none of this nonsense would be happening.

Completely agree with you.

Well, all apart from one other occasion that this has happened before... Brexit!

oakey

Funny I think the media gave him far too much respect and far too much coverage. It played right into his hands. All coverage is good coverage. Someone said to me the media kept being negative about him. Utter nonsense he ran a negative campaign. They should have given him minimal airtime and said we are not prepared to give airtime to such a platform of divisive nonsense with minimum policy and maximum hostile rhetoric.
It would be best to ignore him now. Boycott his press conferences and just report verbatim his pronouncements and let people judge him for themselves. It won't happen though as the media cannot stop, it is too exciting for them. They just love it.

martcov

You missed the bit where the FBI didn't mention Donald Trump's team's contacts with Russia, but mentioned the Hillary emails again, which had already been dealt with and there was no new information. Also that Trump got more free mentions in the news than any other candidate. Oh, and don't forget Donald's foundation...

scubasteve

You missed the bit where the FBI didn't mention Donald Trump's team's contacts with Russia, but mentioned the Hillary emails again, which had already been dealt with and there was no new information. Also that Trump got more free mentions in the news than any other candidate. Oh, and don't forget Donald's foundation...

Exactly my point then, everyone knows all the bad things trump has done we have had it rammed down our throat evryday for the last 6 months but hardly anyone knew hillarys dodgy dealings, I know plenty of people who go on about what trump did or going to do, the minute I would bring up hillary they knew nothing about all the things she had done.
I'm not defending Trump for him as a person or his policies, I'm just pointing out that the press has slated him constantly rightly or wrongly. While hillary got a pretty much free pass, in fact they even gave her the questions in advance of a debate, the dnc would take the media heads and some presenters out for private dinners.
It was so bias it was embarrassing, If the media had spent less time hammering trump, more time pushing for an investigation in the dnc primary which hillary clearly stole. Bernie sanders would probably have been the nominee and we wouldnt have put up with trump, as bernie would have won by a landslide.

martcov

Exactly my point then, everyone knows all the bad things trump has done we have had it rammed down our throat evryday for the last 6 months but hardly anyone knew hillarys dodgy dealings, I know plenty of people who go on about what trump did or going to do, the minute I would bring up hillary they knew nothing about all the things she had done.
I'm not defending Trump for him as a person or his policies, I'm just pointing out that the press has slated him constantly rightly or wrongly. While hillary got a pretty much free pass, in fact they even gave her the questions in advance of a debate, the dnc would take the media heads and some presenters out for private dinners.
It was so bias it was embarrassing, If the media had spent less time hammering trump, more time pushing for an investigation in the dnc primary which hillary clearly stole. Bernie sanders would probably have been the nominee and we wouldnt have put up with trump, as bernie would have won by a landslide.

I disagree. Hillary was constantly in the news - negatively - and Trump had his peasants shouting "lock her up" all over the country. This was shown on TV. YouTube is full of Hillary dirt. Millions use YouTube. The vote was always based on who is the least bad candidate. In retrospect the voters got it wrong. Don't think Trump will last the 4 years though.

martcov

The media didn't tell us all the bad things about Trump. There is loads coming out now about his team's Russian contacts - some of this relates to the time of his campaign. The FBI is looking a bit suspect at the moment. Some information was obviously suppressed.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I disagree. Hillary was constantly in the news - negatively - and Trump had his peasants shouting "lock her up" all over the country. This was shown on TV. YouTube is full of Hillary dirt. Millions use YouTube. The vote was always based on who is the least bad candidate. In retrospect the voters got it wrong. Don't think Trump will last the 4 years though.

As with Brexit, I think the media bias was incomparable. There was dirt on Hillary of course, but you can't say for one minute it was on the scale of the Trump bashing.

By the time election came round you could have told a Trump voter he had murdered a baby and it wouldn't have made a lot of difference. Like with Brexit, the slander was so high and people were being told that their idea of a vote was stupid constantly enough that people just stopped listening, and probably rebelled even more.

I agree with you though Mart, I don't thini he will last the full term either!

scubasteve

Hillary had pretty much every celebrity on a stage with her (still does), Obama promoting her (officially spent more time than any other current serving president in the history of any election) how much more could the media promote her on a positive spin. She was a shocking candidate, no one can defend her, and anyone shouting lock her up, there was a reason she is a criminal. Neither should have been a candidate.

Sick Boy

As with Brexit, I think the media bias was incomparable. There was dirt on Hillary of course, but you can't say for one minute it was on the scale of the Trump bashing.

By the time election came round you could have told a Trump voter he had murdered a baby and it wouldn't have made a lot of difference. Like with Brexit, the slander was so high and people were being told that their idea of a vote was stupid constantly enough that people just stopped listening, and probably rebelled even more.

I agree with you though Mart, I don't thini he will last the full term either!

There was plenty of support for Brexit within the UK media.
- The Sun
- The Mail
- The Telegraph
- Daily Star
- The Express

As Trump, hasn't Breitbart been caught out in printing fake news? It is a shame that he neglects the fact that Bannon was its former editor and has now accused the mainstream media of conspiring against him. It wouldn't surprise me if he ended up filming a reality TV show of himself as president to try and get across more of his 'alternative facts'.

Last edited:

Sick Boy

Himself and fellow politician do exactly the same and he is attempting to stop the media from challenging his lies.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

There was plenty of support for Brexit within the UK media.
- The Sun
- The Mail
- The Telegraph
- The Mail
- The Express

As Trump, hasn't Breitbart been caught out in printing fake news? It is a shame that he neglects the fact that Bannon was its former editor and has now accused the mainstream media of conspiring against him. It wouldn't surprise me if he ended up filming a reality TV show of himself as president to try and get across more of his 'alternative facts'.

You're right, those news outlets mainly did support Brexit, but The Telegraph was a bit more in the middle, and you've listed The Mail twice. The main news outlets in the UK are the BBC, The Guardian, and to some extent The Independent (mainly read by the brain dead generation I am a part of that think they're intelligent). In fact almost once a day I see an article on The Independent which would be classed as fake news. The worrying thing is, people accept The Mail is biased one way and misleading, but categorically deny that The Independent is equally as bullshit the other way, either that or they are naive.

I think the whole Breitbart thing was a convenient way for the losers of the election to blame something for their defeat. I'm afraid that whilst I agree that Bannon is a nob jockey, and a lot of the associated media partners are too, it was the Pro-Hillary, Anti-Trump media that won the election for him rather than the other way round. The same way it was for Brexit.

wingy

You're right, those news outlets mainly did support Brexit, but The Telegraph was a bit more in the middle, and you've listed The Mail twice. The main news outlets in the UK are the BBC, The Guardian, and to some extent The Independent (mainly read by the brain dead generation I am a part of that think they're intelligent). In fact almost once a day I see an article on The Independent which would be classed as fake news. The worrying thing is, people accept The Mail is biased one way and misleading, but categorically deny that The Independent is equally as bullshit the other way, either that or they are naive.

I think the whole Breitbart thing was a convenient way for the losers of the election to blame something for their defeat. I'm afraid that whilst I agree that Bannon is a nob jockey, and a lot of the associated media partners are too, it was the Pro-Hillary, Anti-Trump media that won the election for him rather than the other way round. The same way it was for Brexit.
Do you mean anyone over 50-60 when applying the braindead comment?
Didn't they represent the heaviest voting for leave?

lifeskyblue

Absolutely. All news media have agendas and lie in order to promote those. All politicians do the same...distort the truth at best or lie at worst in order to ensure their followers get their message across. It's important for politicians and the media to try and discredit their opponents. And as ever one persons fake news is another's truth.

PUSB

Sick Boy

I realised and changed it to the Daily Star ;)

I strongly disagree that the Guardian and the Independent are in the top three of the main news outlets in the country...there is no way that they are the 2 most popular newspapers in the UK. Why do you think so many politicians are desperate to appease the scumbag Murdoch?

Edit - just found this: NRS: Daily Mail most popular UK newspaper in print and online with 23m readers a month – Press Gazette

The Guardian is the 4th & the Independent 7th- must admit I thought the Guardian would be lower than that. There are also plenty of 'brain dead' individuals in all generations and countries. I must admit though that I do find those aged around 18-22 to be pretty testing at the best of times.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread