Another Nice..but this time in Berlin (1 Viewer)

clint van damme

I think it's the same argument as don't teach not to be raped, teach not to rape.

I agree with it, but the sad thing is there will always be rapists, murderers, and terrorists in the world, so you can't be so naive I think. I agree with your statement about how it has been in the middle east, and now it's here, but that's largely due to the importing of people with these ideologies. In recent cases we have seen people taking advantage of the refugee crisis to do so, and it has been naive just to open the door and let anyone come in along with the people that need help.

When 7/7 happened everyone was in shock, if it happened now there would be an element of desensitisation with the sadness and anger. The attack that happened yesterday, and ones like it are becoming much more common now, so whilst deporting refugees might not be the solution, a proper vetting process, and a plug-at-the-source solution might be the right way to go.

the biggest exporter of these ideologies is Saudi yet we let them do what they want. We abhor ISIS when they behead people but when a Saudi head of state who behead nearly 100 people in the year prior to his death pops his clogs Downing Street flies the flags at half mast.
Nearly all of the 9/11 hijackers were from Saudi yet we invaded Afghanistan, why was that?

I'll give you a clue it's got 3 letters and begins with o.

martcov

What is it like in Germany today Mart? I imagine most places are closed/higher security etc?

Any more news on what happened?

Was having an argument with the tax office today.....also got exciting.......

Was at our new Kiel Weihnachtsmarkt yesterday with my step grandson. It was crowded. Only needed a nail bomb to kill a lot of people. But, in Berlin they have voluntarily closed all 60 Weihnachtsmärkte for today out of piety ( respect for the victims ).

I take part on events all through the year ( except now ) and we have extra security in place on festivals. I was at Flensburg Weihnachtsmarkt on Saturday night and that would have been easy to drive into. Berlin is putting water tanks in front of their Weihnachtsmärkte to stop lorries. I think other cities will follow suit.

I am in Berlin on the Green Week in January ( 500.000 ) visitors in the exhibition halls..... I expect more security there as well.

Last I heard they still don't know who the driver was. They raided the refugee accommodation at Templhof at 04:00 this morning, but I don't know who or what they were looking for.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

because there are a lot of racists in the world, they see people coming from other continents and they don't like it.
The fact that our foreign policies and environmental policies have largely contributed to this phenomenon Is neither here or there for them so we'll keep making the same mistakes.

Look at Iraq in the sixties, ditto Afghanistan, thriving countries.
Look at why they deteriorated, look at who put physcos like saddam Hussein and the Taliban into power. Western foreign policy has been an absolute car crash and now we've let the islamist genie out of the bottle I don't think we'll ever get it back in.

There are racists in the world, of course, but this is not the reason why. Of course they will use things like Brexit as a stage, but they do not represent the majority at all.

The 'terrorism has no religion' and 'we won't tolerate Islamophobia' being the instant response to people being massacred goes hand in hand with 'If you have any issue with the EU, you are racist' and 'if you don't welcome refugees you are xenophobic' etc. Literally anyone has any issue with left wing liberalism is getting labelled, even when genuine honest points get raised. Freedom of speech has pretty much died out.

It leads normal people to take the only action they are allowed, which is to vote confidentially. Brexit, a shock? Trump, a shock? They weren't for me. It's normal people with concerns who are now the silent majority.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

the biggest exporter of these ideologies is Saudi yet we let them do what they want. We abhor ISIS when they behead people but when a Saudi head of state who behead nearly 100 people in the year prior to his death pops his clogs Downing Street flies the flags at half mast.
Nearly all of the 9/11 hijackers were from Saudi yet we invaded Afghanistan, why was that?

I'll give you a clue it's got 3 letters and begins with o.

Completely agree on Saudi by the way, Clint.

ccfc92

Like some have said, I think we can all agree the whole world is a corrupt cesspit of evil and deception (on all sides) to line the pockets of the rich and keep the poor, poor.

I couldn't imagine waking up every morning filled with hate and anger towards fellow human beings, but there's too many in the world that do.

What's the answer? Who knows. I don't think there is one, personally, other than to try and live your life as much of a decent human being as you can.

martcov

The fake news thing is a hoax. I won't lecture you on it, just watch this:

Info Wars ...... what bollocks. Yes they found lies over a 20 year period, but you just have to watch this bullshit for a few days to see what crap they are talking and where they are leading you. Fox News is just as bad. Politicians saying they were in one plane, but were in the following plane, for example, is not earth shattering.

I don't need to be lectured by Alex Jones infowars, London end - generally regarded as 30% true and followed by nuts such as Trump.

Thanks anyway.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Info Wars ...... what bollocks. Yes they found lies over a 20 year period, but you just have to watch this bullshit for a few days to see what crap they are talking and where they are leading you. Fox News is just as bad. Politicians saying they were in one plane, but were in the following plane, for example, is not earth shattering.

I don't need to be lectured by Alex Jones infowars, London end - generally regarded as 30% true and followed by nuts such as Trump.

Thanks anyway.

No, I hate Alex Jones, and generally Info Wars, but PJW is actually really good.

You can't ignore this by saying you hate them though, the whole fake news things was a complete load of shit. If you wanted the truth you generally had to seek the alternative media. The main stream have been completely full of shit consistently.

ccfc92

Thanks anyway.

Regarding world news, newspapers etc, I try not to read any anymore. Just research my own news I'm interested in.

I stopped reading the papers, mainly the Sun, a couple of years ago and flicked through one the other day, and Jesus, it's incredible what shite is written in the newspapers. You don't really notice it until you stop reading them daily.

I even take the news channels; BBC, Sky etc with a pinch of salt.

martcov

Regarding world news, newspapers etc, I try not to read any anymore. Just research my own news I'm interested in.

I stopped reading the papers, mainly the Sun, a couple of years ago and flicked through one the other day, and Jesus, it's incredible what shite is written in the newspapers. You don't really notice it until you stop reading them daily.

I even take the news channels; BBC, Sky etc with a pinch of salt.

Yes, but don't fall into the trap of believing Breitbart or Alex Jones. They are partly right, but often way over the top. They like bragging about when they were right and forgetting when they cocked up. I don't think you get a right to put things right which were false on these channels, as you would in a newspaper. No apologies when wrong from then. I cannot read the Sun, Mail or Express without wanting to puke.

clint van damme

There are racists in the world, of course, but this is not the reason why. Of course they will use things like Brexit as a stage, but they do not represent the majority at all.

The 'terrorism has no religion' and 'we won't tolerate Islamophobia' being the instant response to people being massacred goes hand in hand with 'If you have any issue with the EU, you are racist' and 'if you don't welcome refugees you are xenophobic' etc. Literally anyone has any issue with left wing liberalism is getting labelled, even when genuine honest points get raised. Freedom of speech has pretty much died out.

It leads normal people to take the only action they are allowed, which is to vote confidentially. Brexit, a shock? Trump, a shock? They weren't for me. It's normal people with concerns who are now the silent majority.

I have loads of issues with the EU and have always been against a federal Europe, however I voted remain because I knew what was coming.
The brexit campaign was toxic and based on lies and promises which could never be delivered.

martcov

No, I hate Alex Jones, and generally Info Wars, but PJW is actually really good.

You can't ignore this by saying you hate them though, the whole fake news things was a complete load of shit. If you wanted the truth you generally had to seek the alternative media. The main stream have been completely full of shit consistently.

Bit of both..... but not Fox News, Sun, Star, Express, Mail etc.. and I watch Alex Jones now and again as not everything he says is totally nuts - a lot is though. Really have to see where they are taking you....

ccfc92

Yes, but don't fall into the trap of believing Breitbart or Alex Jones. They are partly right, but often way over the top. They like bragging about when they were right and forgetting when they cocked up. I don't think you get a right to put things right which were false on these channels, as you would in a newspaper. No apologies when wrong from then. I cannot read the Sun, Mail or Express without wanting to puke.

Never heard of them and don't particularly want to :)

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I have loads of issues with the EU and have always been against a federal Europe, however I voted remain because I knew what was coming.
The brexit campaign was toxic and based on lies and promises which could never be delivered.

Some of the Brexit campaign was based on lies, but again, The Independent et al lead you to believe that most people that voted leave did so because of the lies, when actually the very miniscule amount of people that did are the ones shoved into the limelight.

Anyway, the remain campaign was built on fear and bullying, and it backfired massively.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Bit of both..... but not Fox News, Sun, Star, Express, Mail etc.. and I watch Alex Jones now and again as not everything he says is totally nuts - a lot is though. Really have to see where they are taking you....

Of course I do, which is why I'll be open about agreeing he is full of shit most of the time.

To be honest, if I want to get the real account of a story these days I'll read about three different articles and then make my mind up. So much bullshit across the board everywhere.

ccfc92

This year's attacks detailed
On 19 December, a man ploughed a lorry into a busy Christmas market in the heart of Berlin. The driver fled the scene but was arrested nearby.

On 18 July, a teenage Afghan refugee hacked at passengers on a train in Wuerzburg with an axe and knife, wounding five. He was shot dead by police.

On 22 July, a German teenager of Iranian heritage shot dead nine people in Munich before shooting himself dead.

On 24 July, a 21-year-old Syrian refugee killed a woman with a machete and wounded five other people as he fled before being arrested. Later that day, a 27-year-old Syrian whose refugee application had been refused blew himself up outside a bar in Ansbach. Fifteen people were wounded.

There were also deadly attacks in France in July, when a lorry killed over 80 people in Nice, and a priest had his throat slit after two jihadists burst into a church in Normandy.

From the BBC website.

clint van damme

Some of the Brexit campaign was based on lies, but again, The Independent et al lead you to believe that most people that voted leave did so because of the lies, when actually the very miniscule amount of people that did are the ones shoved into the limelight.

Anyway, the remain campaign was built on fear and bullying, and it backfired massively.
of course most people voted leave because of lies, they admitted the 350 million for the NHS was a lie the day after the vote FFS.
As for the Independent, they spouted a lot of shite, but there circulation is a fraction of the tabloids so the lies they told had little impact in comparison.

ccfc92

brexit-godzilla-copy.jpg

ccfc92

Bit extreme I know, but someone neutral looking at the Remain campaign, I'd say this is an accurate picture of what they were trying to portray.

clint van damme

Surely both sides spouted a lot of shite?

I believe brexit was far worse and that now appears to be so.
They pretty much reneged on two of their major promises the next day.
Farage has proven himself to be even more repugnant than most people realised.

The way hes pimping himself around the trump camp reminds me of Alan Partridge touting for work at Tony Hayers funeral - an absolute scum bag,

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

of course most people voted leave because of lies, they admitted the 350 million for the NHS was a lie the day after the vote FFS.
As for the Independent, they spouted a lot of shite, but there circulation is a fraction of the tabloids so the lies they told had little impact in comparison.

I think that's probably why you don't understand why people voted the way they did. Blame the lies? Sorry, but it's not remotely true and it doesn't account for anywhere the majority.

Far more voted remain due to the scaremongering and therefore the so called safe option I would say anyway.

It's clear that both sides played dirty, but if the EU was so good, why did the remain campaign need to?

martcov

Man arrested in Berlin released. No evidence to hold him on. So, not necessarily a refugee. Many people jumping the gun. Wait and see, early days yet. Killer still at large.

clint van damme

I think that's probably why you don't understand why people voted the way they did. Blame the lies? Sorry, but it's not remotely true and it doesn't account for anywhere the majority.

Far more voted remain due to the scaremongering and therefore the so called safe option I would say anyway.

It's clear that both sides played dirty, but if the EU was so good, why did the remain campaign need to?

In my opinion the EU isn't good, I said this earlier.
I wanted out of a federal Europe. But I wanted leading out by skilled politicians with a vision for the future, not careerists, bigots and hypocrites.

martcov

In my opinion the EU isn't good, I said this earlier.
I wanted out of a federal Europe. But I wanted leading out by skilled politicians with a vision for the future, not careerists, bigots and hypocrites.

The Danes liked us in the EU because we got outs with things like the Euro. The Germans want to alter the benefits to kids living in other countries in the EU ( amongst other things ). They want kids of EU citizens living in other countries to get the allowances at the rate in the country where the kids live - An example where we should be campaigning with the Germans to stop abuse of the system. Loads to do in the EU. Leaving was not the way.

Can't help thinking that the EU splitting up suits the USA under Trump and Russia under Putin. Disunity and disarray weakens this part of the world. The last thing we need is the collapse of the EU.

Some nostalgic view of 28 countries looking after their own interests, yet, at the same happily trading together as independent nation states is cloud cuckoo land.

Centuries of wars and disputes in Europe should be put behind us - especially now that the ME problems are coming to us. We actually neeed a strong EU more than ever.

martcov

Don't get me wrong I don't think he's a nice man. I just think he's a much better leader than Merkel and co.

Well, that's bollocks. Merkel hasn't surrounded herself with cleptocrats and other scum. She doesn't need for journalists and opposition members to be murdered or imprisoned. Germany is still an open society and relatively safe - despite yesterday.

Sick Boy

Don't get me wrong I don't think he's a nice man. I just think he's a much better leader than Merkel and co.

That says a lot about you then.
A family friend's son was murdered when the plane was shot down over Ukraine and the evidence taken back to Russia.

Users who are viewing this thread