Another Nice..but this time in Berlin (1 Viewer)

Marty

Didn't everyone say her "open doors" would come back to bite her?

The sad thing is many people like myself who raised this point were shot down, called all the usual racist crap etc etc. These same people who throw those insults about are now shocked at the rise of right wing parties all over Europe. IMO we will see war in Europe within the next 20 years.

It's terrible whats happened and the sad thing is, things like this attack can't be stopped.

RIP.

Marty

world is just gonna get worse.

evil right wing
evil terrorists
evil governments

good people in the minority.

Evil left wing.

LiveLeak-dot-com-4b9_1482178196-CoNOfUdXYAEOhxY_1482178203.jpg.resized.jpg

dutchman

I'm still waiting for someone to exlain to me how not allowing refugees in a country will end terrorism in this rotten world.

They're not 'refugees', they're 'economic migrants'.

I heard one of them say he'd applied to stay in three countries; Holland, Denmark and Germany and whichever one "offered him the most" he was going there.

covcity4life

one of birds i went school with wrote a status about how she hasnt paid tv license for years and laughed no one will catch her.

gonna be scroungers in any walk of life. doesnt mean she will drive a truck though a marker though.

also you "heard"? lol
and they are all not refugees? all?

martcov

Up until this point, we do not know who the driver was. The man they caught didn't have a gun and they haven't, as yet, matched his DNA with that in the truck.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

First and foremost, my thoughts go out to the victims and their families. It's Christmas and what an appalling thing to happen. My heart goes out to them.

In regards to what's happened, a lot of people are saying they are 'shocked'. Really? I tell you something, I'm not shocked in the slightest. Regardless of any refugees who may be honest people and have been dealt a shit hand, you cannot willingly open the door to 1.5 million people from third world countries (without even bringing religion into) and expect no consequences.

Stuff like this is becoming all too common and even expected now, even though it was warned many times, only to be dismissed as 'racist' etc.

If you want to know another reason why Trump and Brexit happened, look no further. Whilst there is an increase in popularity for far right parties, this has only become because people with reasonable concerns get muted.

I'm afraid lighting some candles and saying some prayers will not prevent another attack, and I fear the worst for future ones to come.

Ashdown

As usual those condemning the actual appalling act become the 'perpetrators' according to the usual fucking morons in the world. It must mean they voted Brexit are Racist or attack and hate everyone blah blah blah. Perhaps they're just worried that their own families and friends might be on the end of this next time.
I think they will discover quite soon this wasn't an accident and that there will be one vile Muslim extremist group or another behind it !

covcity4life

thats my only point. forget friends and family and just see us all as one. the pain in seeing a syrian child die and a 28yo german man die in a market should be the SAME.

also calling everything that happens in middle east as simply mulsim vs muslim is just a way to not worry oneself with the suffering of others.

i am aware i sound like a hippy but i am glad i have grown to think like this at age 34. hopefully i continue to grow as a person. the hate filled people will either wake up 1 day or just carry on in this depressive cycle until the day they die.

Ashdown

They're largely hate filled because of their uncompromising and non inclusive religion. The younger Muslims are driven on by the older and more extreme ones in the Mosques. Ban religion for me, all of it, it's all bollocks anyway !

ccfc92

They're largely hate filled because of their uncompromising and non inclusive religion. The younger Muslims are driven on by the older and more extreme ones in the Mosques. Ban religion for me, all of it, it's all bollocks anyway !

Christianity: How one woman's story to cover up an affair got wayyyy out of hand.

ccfc92

What is it like in Germany today Mart? I imagine most places are closed/higher security etc?

Any more news on what happened?

CCFC Germany

They're not 'refugees', they're 'economic migrants'.

I heard one of them say he'd applied to stay in three countries; Holland, Denmark and Germany and whichever one "offered him the most" he was going there.

no doubt there's misuse, but how does that link to terrorism ?

CCFC Germany

I'm afraid lighting some candles and saying some prayers will not prevent another attack, and I fear the worst for future ones to come.

Really agree on this.
But serious question :
What is the answer on how to end terrorism ?
It will always be there. Just ask the people of Israel that live with it for decades now. The only change is, that people here now die, too. Not just in the middle east.
Terrorism, war, maybe cancer - there will never, ever be an end to it.
And sending back any refugees will not change a thing. Plus there must be a solution on how to deal with them, as there most likely will be more and more, with the middle east falling apart.
Better start finding ways to deal with that, soon.

CCFC Germany

What is it like in Germany today Mart? I imagine most places are closed/higher security etc?

Any more news on what happened?

Zero here.
Plenty of busy + crowded christmas markets just around the corner.
Everything's going on as usual and rightfully so. That's the way it should be, not giving in to terror and cruelty.
No further news though, just that the man arrested most likely did not drive the van. Plus nobody claiming responsibilty, yet.

ccfc92

Zero here.
Plenty of busy + crowded christmas markets just around the corner.
Everything's going on as usual and rightfully so. That's the way it should be, not giving in to terror and cruelty.

No further news though, just that the man arrested most likely did not drive the van. Plus nobody claiming responsibilty, yet.

That's some good news :)

ccfc92

I'm not religious, but that's just another form of fascism.

What about Religion only being practised in your own home? I agree with Ashdown, that organised religion should be banned, but I don't necessarily believe people shouldn't be allowed to believe what they want to, if that makes sense?

clint van damme

First and foremost, my thoughts go out to the victims and their families. It's Christmas and what an appalling thing to happen. My heart goes out to them.

In regards to what's happened, a lot of people are saying they are 'shocked'. Really? I tell you something, I'm not shocked in the slightest. Regardless of any refugees who may be honest people and have been dealt a shit hand, you cannot willingly open the door to 1.5 million people from third world countries (without even bringing religion into) and expect no consequences.

Stuff like this is becoming all too common and even expected now, even though it was warned many times, only to be dismissed as 'racist' etc.

If you want to know another reason why Trump and Brexit happened, look no further. Whilst there is an increase in popularity for far right parties, this has only become because people with reasonable concerns get muted.

That's right, those tree huggers at the sun, the star, the mail and the express, suppressing peoples right wing views.

martcov

I wholeheartedly agree that all religion is bollocks.

Hate, bigotry, racism and condemning whole groups of people for the acts of a wanker minority is also bollocks.

Terrorism didn't start with Merkel's wir schaffen das. Plenty of terorism is coming because of the endless wars in the ME - some of which we were involved in in recent and past times.

Our reliance on immigrant workers began when we fought each other in Europe and wiped out a large portion of Europe. Germany's liberal refugee laws are there because of the actions of right wing nationalist populists creating wars. Having more of those populists won't help anyone.

Having a nut like Trump on the twitter and nuclear button and Brexit won't lessen terrorism or the risk of war.

clint van damme

What about Religion only being practised in your own home? I agree with Ashdown, that organised religion should be banned, but I don't necessarily believe people shouldn't be allowed to believe what they want to, if that makes sense?

The suppression of religion has lead to some of the biggest massacres known to man, in the same way that fervent belief in religion has also.
There's a common denominator there though.
Most religious ideologies, same as political ideologies are sound, it's when you throw humans into the equation, skewing things to suit their own agendas that things start to get messy - we're a race of cunts.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Really agree on this.
But serious question :
What is the answer on how to end terrorism ?
It will always be there. Just ask the people of Israel that live with it for decades now. The only change is, that people here now die, too. Not just in the middle east.
Terrorism, war, maybe cancer - there will never, ever be an end to it.
And sending back any refugees will not change a thing. Plus there must be a solution on how to deal with them, as there most likely will be more and more, with the middle east falling apart.
Better start finding ways to deal with that, soon.

I think it's the same argument as don't teach not to be raped, teach not to rape.

I agree with it, but the sad thing is there will always be rapists, murderers, and terrorists in the world, so you can't be so naive I think. I agree with your statement about how it has been in the middle east, and now it's here, but that's largely due to the importing of people with these ideologies. In recent cases we have seen people taking advantage of the refugee crisis to do so, and it has been naive just to open the door and let anyone come in along with the people that need help.

When 7/7 happened everyone was in shock, if it happened now there would be an element of desensitisation with the sadness and anger. The attack that happened yesterday, and ones like it are becoming much more common now, so whilst deporting refugees might not be the solution, a proper vetting process, and a plug-at-the-source solution might be the right way to go.

clint van damme

So if you do believe that the right wing are on the up, why do you think that is? Genuine question.

because there are a lot of racists in the world, they see people coming from other continents and they don't like it.
The fact that our foreign policies and environmental policies have largely contributed to this phenomenon Is neither here or there for them so we'll keep making the same mistakes.

Look at Iraq in the sixties, ditto Afghanistan, thriving countries.
Look at why they deteriorated, look at who put physcos like saddam Hussein and the Taliban into power. Western foreign policy has been an absolute car crash and now we've let the islamist genie out of the bottle I don't think we'll ever get it back in.

Users who are viewing this thread