Ain’t Life Great? (1 Viewer)

Sick Boy

PVA

Whilst I'm not saying all is rosy (because clearly it isn't!), this...

The leaked plans, published by German newspaper Bild, reveal in detail the path to a Third World War with Putin using Belarus as a launching pad for an invasion - as he did in February 2022 for his war in Ukraine.

...is a bit of sensationalism by the Daily Mail (I know, shock!).

It's just a scenario wargame, not a prediction of what is going to happen.

But yes many countries need to increase defence spending and replenish stores.

eastwoodsdustman

China will keep trying to exert their strength over Asia, Africa and South America but I don't think they will get enough of a foothold in any to have too much of a say on things over whole continents. Iran are just puppets for Russia and to a lesser degree China at the moment and Russia are fast becoming China's lapdog after getting their backside handed to them by Ukraine/The west.
I genuinely can't see Russia and therefore Iran posing much more than a nuisance threat by backing rebels here and there to fight proxy battles for a good while. China will keep flexing its muscles but knows not to push too far into the west.

Reactions: PVA

Flying Fokker

China will keep trying to exert their strength over Asia, Africa and South America but I don't think they will get enough of a foothold in any to have too much of a say on things over whole continents. Iran are just puppets for Russia and to a lesser degree China at the moment and Russia are fast becoming China's lapdog after getting their backside handed to them by Ukraine/The west.
I genuinely can't see Russia and therefore Iran posing much more than a nuisance threat by backing rebels here and there to fight proxy battles for a good while. China will keep flexing its muscles but knows not to push too far into the west.
That’s how I see it. Unless they create a way of moving 20 million foot soldiers to Europe of course. They need to boss Russia as well.
I may be wrong, but it’s going to take a long time for them to rule the roost. But Rome wasn’t built in a day.

Brighton Sky Blue

Said this before on here and got laughed at. The power of the west has peaked and over time the global balance of power will shift.
American dominance peaked right before they elected an orange as president. Good chance he’ll get back in and finish the job

skybluetony176

China holds all the cards with Russia
at the moment. They’re basically keeping Russia afloat. Not single handedly but they’re the keystone.

PVA

This has to be up there with the one of the worse decades ever so far.

Parks And Recreation GIF by Peacock

Flying Fokker

This has to be up there with the one of the worse decades ever so far.
Down the Rabbit hole I go...

to be reading at 4 in the morning

i‘m guessing it’s better to be oblivious of everything that is happening in the world,

Fear. Fight or flight.

Fansticism ans suppression seem to be on the up. The rest of the world is sleepwalking.

Nations Product bigger pea shooters.

Now, 1 sheep, 2 sheep,3 sheep 4,5,6

Alan Dugdales Moustache

All this WW3 talk is just media hysteria. It's worrying a lot of people who are glued to their phones when in actual fact the reality is it ain't going to happen. Well, not this week.

clint van damme

As someone who grew up in the 70s I honestly don't understand how people get misty eyed about that decade, it was grim.
But this one is going to beat it hands down.

Feel sorry for the youngsters navigating their way through it all.

skybluetony176

As someone who grew up in the 70s I honestly don't understand how people get misty eyed about that decade, it was grim.
But this one is going to beat it hands down.

Feel sorry for the youngsters navigating their way through it all.
Same here. I’ve never held the 70’s as a great decade. I remember the 80’s feeling exciting and things becoming more vibrant. That was a period in my life when it felt like the UK was coming out of the doldrums, the 70’s just felt bleak. Power cuts is my main memory, I was born in 73 so I wasn’t even old enough to remember the 76 heatwave.

The 80’s though. VCR’s, we finally got a colour TV, Rugby got a Macdonalds, they opened a couple of water slides at Rugby Baths, modern world here we come. At least to a child’s mind anyway.

Terry_dactyl

Same here. I’ve never held the 70’s as a great decade. I remember the 80’s feeling exciting and things becoming more vibrant. That was a period in my life when it felt like the UK was coming out of the doldrums, the 70’s just felt bleak. Power cuts is my main memory, I was born in 73 so I wasn’t even old enough to remember the 76 heatwave.

The 80’s though. VCR’s, we finally got a colour TV, Rugby got a Macdonalds, they opened a couple of water slides at Rugby Baths, modern world here we come. At least to a child’s mind anyway.
Isn’t this it though? The era we enjoyed the most are the ones where we young and starting to find our way in the world.
I was born in ‘77. I thought the 80s were shite…tacky and naff. All about Thatcher, yuppies; over stylised bollocks, terrible music.
The 90s on the other hand were great!
In reality I think it’s probably just because I was doing stuff that seemed exciting…and getting off my face and having sex. The glory months!

Users who are viewing this thread