Academy ground share (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter Deleted member 4439
  • Start date

ccfchoi87

They should just call it a day with the academy and close it down. Use the money for half decent players instead of piles of crap that it produces year after year. Burge,Haynes,Willis,Bigi,Finch,Thomas et al. Is it really worth it apart from maybe one or 2 we actually get every 10 years?

This is a joke surely?

chiefdave

Leader of the council quoted in the CT piece
the council does not have any influence over where the club plays or the location of its training academy/training facility. These are matters for the football club to raise with the relevant parties.
odd thing to say as previously he has said if SISU drop the legal action and pay the council off they would assist the club.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
From the reports it sounds like the club will have to improve even create new pitches at the school. Does this fulfil a commitment to Sports England and allow the sale of Ryton to go ahead? Just got to find a first team training ground get some grants and build it then I suppose

robbiethemole

AHEM!!!!! my post from March 2nd.......................watch the Finham Park area in about a week, announcement to be made in "3 weeks"

I love it when a plan comes together

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Leader of the council quoted in the CT piece

odd thing to say as previously he has said if SISU drop the legal action and pay the council off they would assist the club.

I take that to mean that they are not going to find the site for them and it is up to the club to do that , then put forward the plans/applications etc to whoever they need to.

It can be taken as CCC not being active or that CCC are not blocking it I suppose

Last edited:

sb84

Football academies at this level can earn the clubs money. Most of the younger age groups are run by volunteers or very low wage staff, the kids transport around the country comes mainly from the parents. I know of one 10/11year old being sold to a championship academy last year for 15-20k and ccfc jumped at the money rather than thinking to bring through the young talent themselves.
I had also heard last November that Wasps had agreed to purchase Ryton as a training ground and the ccfc academy had done a deal with Warwick university to use their facilities, this was a conversation with a member of Wasps staff so I thought it may bare fruit buy obviously neither came true around that time, perhaps Timmy leaked this one to Wasps staff!

letsallsingtogether

Indeed. A loss making Olympic sized swimming pool that no one needs and if course the wasps £7 million redevelopment. Now where is that coming from and when is that happening.
Who the fuck gives a fuck about Wasps?
Shame our owners don't show some of their ambition, come on a fucking school are they having an early April fool.
They are only interested in selling Ryton.
Cults fuck off now.
We are already the laughing stock of the football world times that by 2 now........

ajsccfc

Who the fuck gives a fuck about Wasps?
Shame our owners don't show some of their ambition, come on a fucking school are they having an early April fool.
They are only interested in selling Ryton.
Cults fuck off now.
We are already the laughing stock of the football world times that by 2 now........

I don't get this. If we locate a site that allows the academy to continue who cares what it was before?

letsallsingtogether

AHEM!!!!! my post from March 2nd.......................watch the Finham Park area in about a week, announcement to be made in "3 weeks"

I love it when a plan comes together
There are plenty of pitches at the back of Finham Park, but unless they have spent loads of money on them lately they are not that good my kids want to Finham School I live on Green Lane know the caretaker really well.
All they do is cut the grass every now and then, due to cuts in school budgets that don't have time to do much more.

chiefdave

There are plenty of pitches at the back of Finham Park, but unless they have spent loads of money on them lately they are not that good my kids want to Finham School I live on Green Lane know the caretaker really well.
All they do is cut the grass every now and then, due to cuts in school budgets that don't have time to do much more.
If the academy is moving in the pitches will be looked after by CCFC and the required improvements made. They're not just going to turn up one morning and hope for the best.

Potentially there's room at Finham to move the whole thing there down the line if future owners want to put a bit of money in.

letsallsingtogether

If the academy is moving in the pitches will be looked after by CCFC and the required improvements made. They're not just going to turn up one morning and hope for the best.

Potentially there's room at Finham to move the whole thing there down the line if future owners want to put a bit of money in.
Who are the owners of those pitches I wonder?

Nick

Administrator

Surely they would use the CCFC groundsmen who look after the Higgs pitches?

letsallsingtogether

Really?

People will think it is a laughing stock because the academy is on a school's site?
Oh yes sorry I forgot most teams train at a school.
Fucking hell l want to Fleetwoods training ground it is based on Man Citys all New facilities fuck me better then thier ground, we on the other hand can buy those ports cabin changingrooms they used while it was all being built.
Don't get me wrong I hope it is at Finham School stop them building those proposed houses.

Last edited:

ajsccfc

But it won't be a school any more if they take it over surely.

Wait no, I'm thinking of Woodlands aren't I? Finham's still a school, ignore me

Nick

Administrator
Oh yes sorry I forgot most teams train at a school.
Fucking he'll want to Fleetwoods training ground it is space are all New facilities fuck me better then those ground we on the other hand can buy those ports cabin changingrooms they used while it was all being built.
Don't get me wrong I hope it is at Finham School stop them building those proposed houses.

Do you know where every team has their academy to compare and find them a laughing stock?

chiefdave

Do you know where every team has their academy to compare and find them a laughing stock?
Portsmouth used to train in the local park, they've now moved to the local Roko. Who cares where it is as long as its the right standard.

If this does happen surely its a win all round. At minimum an improvement in the current facilities there, at best in the long term you could see additional facilities built on the site and available for community use.

letsallsingtogether

Portsmouth used to train in the local park, they've now moved to the local Roko. Who cares where it is as long as its the right standard.

If this does happen surely its a win all round. At minimum an improvement in the current facilities there, at best in the long term you could see additional facilities built on the site and available for community use.
If they take it over fine but you do know it is owned by the council and Finham only cut the grass thought the council said there was no land.

Si80

The fact that last year Mowbray had to use some of his transfer money to "upgrade" Ryton, I think you can take a good guess at how much improvement investment SISU would offer to Finham school to upgrade their facilities.

Sub

Isnt one of the main issues they are selling the last piece of CCFC, Ryton? CCFC will own nothing have no home and to be honest not a very bright future if one at all. Who would want to but a football club with no assets apart from players (if that can be classed as an asset) and in debt to the tune of millions and in division 4 ? we are being made less attractive by the day for any chance of someone hopefully buying us :dead:

letsallsingtogether

Again, wouldn't the groundsmen from CCFC look after it as they do now at the Higgs?
Yes tjey would.
But all I am saying is that I don't think it is Finham they were looking at houses that last I heard plus access is an Entry between 2 houses.

chiefdave

From the clubs website
The club wishes to inform supporters about the potential of a new Academy site...

CCFC are currently exploring the possibility of utilising a site based at Finham Park School in Coventry for the relocation of the Academy.

Discourse is in the early stages and is on-going. This site is one option currently under consideration.

There is still a huge amount of work to be done, but progress is being made and more detail will come to light in the near future.

Hobo

They have certainly visited and looked around Finham.

Leamington Pete

I've been to many league academy venues and never seen one on a school site, although a few are shared with university sports sections. For what it's worth Ryton ranks as probably the most basic ( and certainly the smallest) first team facility I've seen.

Investment at any new site will involve not only laying new pitches of academy standard, but separate changing rooms for each age group and opposing teams plus refs. On a busy match day this might mean seven or eight different changing facilities (including showers) are required, plus offices and classrooms, and a parents' room.

SonofErnie

Knowing the Head at Finham (my 3 kids go there), he will be asking for a school building or 2 out of the deal!

A lot of works needs to be done to make it fit for purpose, with the access to the site, parking, gym facilities, pitch quality etc etc being key considerations and needing significant investment. With SISU's track record I just can't see it happening.

dongonzalos

From the reports it sounds like the club will have to improve even create new pitches at the school. Does this fulfil a commitment to Sports England and allow the sale of Ryton to go ahead? Just got to find a first team training ground get some grants and build it then I suppose

Ryton was getting sold because it both isn't big enough and not modern enough. I am sure what would be built at Finham will be both bigger and better.

Users who are viewing this thread