Aaron Martin (1 Viewer)

Kilclines curly mullet

Signed for Oxford. Still struggle to understand how he was not worthy of a contract extension. Expect him to score a 90th minute winner at the Ricoh this season.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Good luck to the lad.

Be very interesting to see who this more commanding centre back Mowbray has coming in.

Arguably the player of the season for the 2nd half of the season.

Also his very generous £1000 donation to the children's ward at Walsgrave hospital should never be forgotten!

Thank you & good luck Aaron.

Kilclines curly mullet

In my opinion, most improved player last season. Seemed to enjoy it here too. I guess time will tell if the decision was right to let him go, I agree...all eyes on who comes in in the CB position.

bawtryneal

Think you may be right with your assumption!

Can't believe BT was considered as main CB acquisition due to injury concerns. They must have learned from the Reda experience.
We need somebody robust to last 46 games and be at the centre of the spine

shy_tall_knight

CB problems cost us severely last season, surely TM has seen that Sam ricketts is not the answer - 35 in October. I liked Aaron in the second half of last season seemed genuinely committed to our cause.

stupot07

Yep good luck to him. He was outstanding in the second half of the season, was surprised to see him go.

His charity donation was a fantastic gesture and from what I heard be was always keen to do the community work and visits in his spare time.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

lifeskyblue

Liked Martin both for his performances on the pitch and his behaviour off it. He grew into the season and ended up as one of our better players. I think TM made a mistake in not offering him a contract and I think Martin alongside a bruiser would have been good.
Good luck to the lad...he deserves another good season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Terry Gibson's perm

He improved massively last season, the year before he could barely kick the ball.

Players seem to be moving now it must be our turn soon

Brylowes

Totally agree with all comments, though he did really well last season, Young & still learning too,
On paper the sought of player we should be looking to bring in.
Puzzling!!

Samo

Wasn't there a suggestion that he was not aggressive enough? He has a very placid and reserved nature apparently which is fine of course but TM might not fancy that in a centre half.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Wasn't there a suggestion that he was not aggressive enough? He has a very placid and reserved nature apparently which is fine of course but TM might not fancy that in a centre half.

Yep he did, hence why many of us are curious to who this feisty, battler of a centre half will be.

Think Martin alongside a player in the dominant (Johnson/Turner mould) would work in this division.

I personally think it's a poor decision & I hope TM can prove me wrong on this.

Brylowes

Yep he did, hence why many of us are curious to who this feisty, battler of a centre half will be.

Think Martin alongside a player in the dominant (Johnson/Turner mould) would work in this division.

I personally think it's a poor decision & I hope TM can prove me wrong on this.
Agreed, early season alongside Reda looked very comfortable and assured.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

I think TM wanted Turner to replace Martin, so its plan B. :nailbiting:

Users who are viewing this thread