a silly question.., (1 Viewer)

Colin1883

What happens if we're not out of admin by aug3 ? ... Will appleton decide where we play?

njdlawyer

What happens if we're not out of admin by aug3 ? ... Will appleton decide where we play?

Under FL rules (and please bear with me and resist the urge to laugh hysterically ast those 3 words) a club must play their home games at their "registered ground" unless FL have given consent to play elsewhere. Our registered ground must still be the Ricoh because (as far as we know) no groundshare has been located / approved so as far as I understand the rules we would have to kick off there and, presumably, remain there for the whole season as the rules do not permit a mid-season change of ground unles there are exceptional circumstances ie ground closed, destroyed etc. The alternative would seem to be to play away until the ground is sorted but again looking at FL rules (again please don't laugh) a club cannot play under their auspices without a ground registered with them before the start of the season

Brighton Sky Blue

Fisher was meant to have presented his idea to the League some time ago. Do we have any idea how it was received?

Sub

Fisher was meant to have presented his idea to the League some time ago. Do we have any idea how it was received?

PeopleLaughing.jpg
laughing-smiley-e13192091892661.jpg

RogerH

Under FL rules (and please bear with me and resist the urge to laugh hysterically ast those 3 words) a club must play their home games at their "registered ground" unless FL have given consent to play elsewhere. Our registered ground must still be the Ricoh because (as far as we know) no groundshare has been located / approved so as far as I understand the rules we would have to kick off there and, presumably, remain there for the whole season as the rules do not permit a mid-season change of ground unles there are exceptional circumstances ie ground closed, destroyed etc. The alternative would seem to be to play away until the ground is sorted but again looking at FL rules (again please don't laugh) a club cannot play under their auspices without a ground registered with them before the start of the season

If we start off at the Ricoh as you mention, and then, as expected come out of Admin in SISU/Otium's favour, this would make things awkward for SISU, having to play all season at a ground they said they had left for good ?

Why do I always think that SISU will some way have this covered ?

CJ_covblaze

If we start off at the Ricoh as you mention, and then, as expected come out of Admin in SISU/Otium's favour, this would make things awkward for SISU, having to play all season at a ground they said they had left for good ?

Feel the same. Really hope I'm wrong though.

CJ_covblaze

What do you hope then? That we come out of admin and don't play at the Ricoh?

I didn't say that did I? I want us at the Ricoh and out of admin! Why would I want any different?

IT1987

SISU had a 3 year plan to get city promoted, keep the Premier League money and sell. The financial crash stopped investment so it all failed and with the mismanagement we are where we are. I can not see any reason why SISU would wish to now keep the club now and

IT1987

SISU had a 3 year plan to get city promoted, keep the Premier League money and sell. The financial crash stopped investment so it all failed and with the mismanagement we are where we are. I can not see any reason why SISU would wish to now keep the club and commit to the huge investment required to buy land and build a stadium. This is about squeezing as much money as possible from someone who wants to buy the Ricoh which they will be able to do relatively cheaply once owning CCFC.

Last edited:

Houdi

The season starts in exactly a months time, and yet we are no nearer knowing where we are playing, nor even given any indication when we are likely to find out. What I find amazing is that seemingly no one in the local media, press, tv or radio, has seemingly ever tried to interview/talk to the owners/directors of Walsall and Birmingham re the issue of a groundshare. Yes they have spoken to both club's managers, however they are no the ones who will ultimately make the decision. It appears the local media have virtually given up, whatever happened to investigative journalism. You would expect them to create a merry stink, to demand answers, however it seems they have all adopted a supine indifference. Even with the land for a new stadium, what exactly have any of the local media outlets found out????

Tank Top

I don't Know for sure, but would imagine, that if we're not out of Administration, then Appleton would, as Administrator be obliged to nominate the Ricoh as our home ground for the coming season, the fact that sisu have said "we are done at the Ricoh" shouldn't have any bearing on the issue, because whilst the club are still in admin, Appleton still has control, until a deal with all creditors is agreed, this deal if not suitable with ACL can, I understand be vetoed, throwing the whole deal back into the melting pot.

The FL are aware of the situation at CCFC and are soon going to require some cast iron Guarantees and Assurances, that CCFC can fulfill their obligations for the 2013/14 season, this, at the moment looks I have to say, extremely uncertain.

Nothing can move forward at present, unless OTIUM can convince the FL that they are genuine in their desire to Build a new stadium and move the club onwards and upwards, but with a purpose built, state of the art stadium already in place, its hard to see any merit or logic in SISSU's plans, lets hope the FL also see it that way too, and refuse OTIUM the Golden Share, ALL this is hypothetical of cause until we get out of admin, and this will only happen if we........ "Here we go again"?????????????

chiefdave

presumably, remain there for the whole season as the rules do not permit a mid-season change of ground unles there are exceptional circumstances ie ground closed, destroyed etc.

there have been teams who have moved mid season before apparently. can't see the FL saying no to it. SISU will present it as let us move or we can't finish the season. unless the FL grow a set they will just let Tim move wherever he wants.

TheOldFive

We will remain in Admin right to to the eleventh hour of the 2014/2015 season and until then will play at The Ricoh under the deal offered to the Administrator from ACL, whilst ironically ACL negotiate their pennies in the pound as an unsecured creditor of Ltd. we will likely take a 10 point deduction and think ourselves lucky not more, but that will be a moderate sanction agreed by The FL because Sisu have tidied up the Club split ownership bringing all into Otium including the TUPE of players and staff. Saves them (The FL) having to deal with an embarrassing ownership loophole that they can now close off for good.
In other words, we have 13 months of this to go. Expect to hear little save for the increased creaking of the joints of an increasingly distressed ACL. 5-7k Home crowds with one bog and one bar open. Hopefully all the Saucestations will be in full working order.

BrisbaneBronco

I don't Know for sure, but would imagine, that if we're not out of Administration, then Appleton would, as Administrator be obliged to nominate the Ricoh as our home ground for the coming season, the fact that sisu have said "we are done at the Ricoh" shouldn't have any bearing on the issue, because whilst the club are still in admin, Appleton still has control, until a deal with all creditors is agreed, this deal if not suitable with ACL can, I understand be vetoed, throwing the whole deal back into the melting pot.

The FL are aware of the situation at CCFC and are soon going to require some cast iron Guarantees and Assurances, that CCFC can fulfill their obligations for the 2013/14 season, this, at the moment looks I have to say, extremely uncertain.

Nothing can move forward at present, unless OTIUM can convince the FL that they are genuine in their desire to Build a new stadium and move the club onwards and upwards, but with a purpose built, state of the art stadium already in place, its hard to see any merit or logic in SISSU's plans, lets hope the FL also see it that way too, and refuse OTIUM the Golden Share, ALL this is hypothetical of cause until we get out of admin, and this will only happen if we........ "Here we go again"?????????????

Agree with all of this Tankie.
Plus before we come out of admin there has to be a creditors meeting and 2 weeks notice is reqd.
Do not even think a date is set, so we are talking mid July earliest.
The FL will need to know ground before this, surely?
So unless Optium pull off a miracle it will be Ricoh and still in admin.
The alternative of no CCFC is unthinkable.

Skybluesquirrel

We will remain in Admin right to to the eleventh hour of the 2014/2015 season and until then will play at The Ricoh under the deal offered to the Administrator from ACL, whilst ironically ACL negotiate their pennies in the pound as an unsecured creditor of Ltd. we will likely take a 10 point deduction and think ourselves lucky not more, but that will be a moderate sanction agreed by The FL because Sisu have tidied up the Club split ownership bringing all into Otium including the TUPE of players and staff. Saves them (The FL) having to deal with an embarrassing ownership loophole that they can now close off for good.
In other words, we have 13 months of this to go. Expect to hear little save for the increased creaking of the joints of an increasingly distressed ACL. 5-7k Home crowds with one bog and one bar open. Hopefully all the Saucestations will be in full working order.

According to Appleton, CCFC Holdings is the club, not CCFC Ltd, so the offer to play at the Ricoh was never an option - ACL made it to CCFC Ltd. If we end up playing at the Ricoh, this undermines TF and Appletons arguments made over the summer and would surely have some repercussions somewhere...

Warwickhunt

How do know that SISU have not registered a ground share with th FL?

BrisbaneBronco

According to Appleton, CCFC Holdings is the club, not CCFC Ltd, so the offer to play at the Ricoh was never an option - ACL made it to CCFC Ltd. If we end up playing at the Ricoh, this undermines TF and Appletons arguments made over the summer and would surely have some repercussions somewhere...

But Holdings did not hold the GS so how can Appleton say they are the club?

torchomatic

Aren't we going over the same old ground here? :thinking about:

torchomatic

torchomatic

This is when we need Stuart Linnell on here to see if he's heard anything.

Not really, it's not like their word is their bond is it

Users who are viewing this thread