A realistic view (1 Viewer)

covboy1987

We have blown automatic promotion as historical facts say we would need approx 42 points out of the 51 available dropping only 9 points till the end of the season - near on impossible but of course mathematically possible

Plays offs is very much a possibility as 74 points should guarantee a place looking at historical facts
- 7 wins 5 draws 5 defeats would probably be enough

malkitccfc

Can't believe we've blown automatics. We've won 2 games since November so even the play offs are going to be difficult to get unless we get a settled side

johnwillomagic

Id take play offs with open arms now would be very surprised if we can make it up automatically now
though of course id be delighted if we did.

SkyblueBazza

If you give mid-table performances...you end up mid-table. It's time for Cole & Hunt especially to really step up to the mark!

...onwards & upwards PUSB

Otis

Teams dropping points though now. This is the pressure cooker time when the finishing line is starting to appear in the distance.

Been seasons when 84 points has been enough for an automatic place.

We have 48 with 17 matches to play. If 84 was the magic number that is 36 more points.

11 wins, 3 draws, 3 defeats would do it.
10 wins, 6 draws, 1 defeat.
12 wins, 5 defeats.

Not impossible. No-one knows what the final magic total will be, but lets not just assume it will be over 90 points, or close to it!

Been other seasons where a lot less than 90 points has been enough.

stevefloyd

It sure is an exiting season if a little frustrating at times but everyone stop and think where we were and now where we are been a good season lets make the difference and make it a great nah a fantastic season

Skyblueweeman

I said after Walsall/Burton that we were looking at play offs as opposed to autos. Would love a day out at Wembley with the Sky Blues!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Otis

I think it's been a drag since November to be honest
I really enjoyed the season all the way through, even after Walsall, but the powderpuff way we gave up against Burton had me doubting and casting my mind back to previous years.

Then the Scunthorpe defeat had me really worried and fearing the very worst in terms of a capitulation and possibly missing out on the top 6 too.

A win tomorrow could breathe new life into our campaign. After 3 games and us shipping in 7 goals, a clean sheet would be most welcome.

stupot07

Teams dropping points though now. This is the pressure cooker time when the finishing line is starting to appear in the distance.

Been seasons when 84 points has been enough for an automatic place.

We have 48 with 17 matches to play. If 84 was the magic number that is 36 more points.

11 wins, 3 draws, 3 defeats would do it.
10 wins, 6 draws, 1 defeat.
12 wins, 5 defeats.

Not impossible. No-one knows what the final magic total will be, but lets not just assume it will be over 90 points, or close to it!

Been other seasons where a lot less than 90 points has been enough.

Last 5 years, 2nd place has finished on:

14/15 - 91 points
13/14 - 94 points
12/13 - 83 points
11/12 - 93 points
10/11 - 93 points

83 points seems to be the exception rather than the rule. Any thing can happen, but I can't see it being as low as 84 this season.

All we can do is keep plugging away and hope that we go on a long winning streak and/or remain unbeaten for the rest of the season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Gazolba

People have been saying this is a shit league and we have the best manager etc. etc. But I think we are rapidly realizing, there are at least six teams as good as or better than us and Mowbray is not the best manager in this league. So it will be an uphill struggle to maintain our play-off position. We are now only clinging by one point and must be looking over our shoulders more than looking up to the automatic promotion spots. You simply cannot have an extended run of poor results like we have had and hope to remain in contention.Even with the recent recruits, the team still has glaring weaknesses, I'll leave it up to you to figure out what they are.

Otis

Last 5 years, 2nd place has finished on:

14/15 - 91 points
13/14 - 94 points
12/13 - 83 points
11/12 - 93 points
10/11 - 93 points

83 points seems to be the exception rather than the rule. Any thing can happen, but I can't see it being as low as 84 this season.

All we can do is keep plugging away and hope that we go on a long winning streak and/or remain unbeaten for the rest of the season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)
Well I know, just saying it could be low this year. Burton have had a couple of blips and now Walsall lost badly today at home!. Only Wigan seem to be consistently picking up points at the moment and remember, we don't have to finish first, second will do just fine, so even if someone like Wigan got to 90, 84 or 85 might well be good enough for second.

We need that turn in our form though. As it stands we are going nowhere. We need to start winning and like now!!!

stevefloyd

If we are to get anything from this season yhe manager and players need to show some passion and fight for everything even if we lose just show some fight

Otis

If we are to get anything from this season yhe manager and players need to show some passion and fight for everything even if we lose just show some fight
Yep! That was so disappointing against Burton after going a goal down and I didn't see much fight against Scunthorpe either, just rabbits caught in the headlights.

Otis

People have been saying this is a shit league and we have the best manager etc. etc. But I think we are rapidly realizing, there are at least six teams as good as or better than us and Mowbray is not the best manager in this league. So it will be an uphill struggle to maintain our play-off position. We are now only clinging by one point and must be looking over our shoulders more than looking up to the automatic promotion spots. You simply cannot have an extended run of poor results like we have had and hope to remain in contention.Even with the recent recruits, the team still has glaring weaknesses, I'll leave it up to you to figure out what they are.
But it is no coincidence that Ramage has played 3 times for us. We lost all 3 games and shipped in 7 goals.

Hopefully tomorrow Ramage will be out and the two new lads, in!

Hobo

Football is a funny thing and teams can have a bad run at anytime. You have to keep going to capitalise on the potential mistakes of others.

I have to agree with you, yes we are contenders, but some fans have over estimated our ability and underestimated the other teams around us....especially Burton.

Otis

Football is a funny thing and teams can have a bad run at anytime. You have to keep going to capitalise on the potential mistakes of others.

I have to agree with you, yes we are contenders, but some fans have over estimated our ability and underestimated the other teams around us....especially Burton.
Think we keep waiting for the 'collapse' and for them to be 'found out' but it just doesn't seem to happen. One bad defeat and they seem to bounce straight back again from it.

Gazolba

I'd like someone to post a 'recent form' table again. I bet Burton and Wigan would be near the top and we would be in the bottom half.

stupot07

I'd like someone to post a 'recent form' table again. I bet Burton and Wigan would be near the top and we would be in the bottom half.

Last 6:
2efcbf376f45fc1e3e71ac0def094c4e.jpg

Last 10:
e874e6c80bb561120c265dd6fbe582f5.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread