A few concerns I have after tonight.... (1 Viewer)

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Once again, we cannot hold a lead for the entire match!

But 2 other issues I have:

In Boothroyds post match interview, he stated 2 points that have caused me concern.

1. He is satisfied with a point against Doncaster Rovers, and would have taken a point before the game as on paper they are a good side.

Now im not sure this is a good thing as players are bound to get complacent hearing things like this. We should be beating the likes of Doncaster IMO if we want to be up there challenging. It appears either Boothyroyd has given up, or he has been prepped on his post match interviews!

2. Boothroyd was asked about Quirke and whether he will play, if required to do so, on Saturday, or would he look to a loan signing. His reply was that he will be prepared to play him again on Saturday, yet before today he wasnt keen on playing him in the first eleven as he wasnt ready?? He was left with no option but to play him today, i admit this, but he seems convinced hes the answer?? Now it will take any player more than 1 game to prove they are capable of playing at this level!!

I do believe these questions were asnwered for him, rather than by him!!

ccfctommy

Number one is typical glass half full 'work in progress' Bothroyd.

Number two means SISU had no cash to get a loan keeper in.

BenInTurin

Facebook User
1, he said taking into account Saturday's performance/result he would of taken a draw before the start. I agree with this, after playing so badly and losing 4-1 at the weekend, you'll take anything positive from an away game.

2, Lack of finances and also Quirke showed he could handle the pressure last night, give the lad a chance!

Lloyd

1, he said taking into account Saturday's performance/result he would of taken a draw before the start. I agree with this, after playing so badly and losing 4-1 at the weekend, you'll take anything positive from an away game.

2, Lack of finances and also Quirke showed he could handle the pressure last night, give the lad a chance!
hit the nail squarely on the head.

i thought Boothroyds interview was spot on. i would have taken a point before the game given the lack of first team players to choose from.

I like McSheffery and Bell on the wing though at the moment, all we need is Big Ben back in defence and MK upfront and we'll be soaring up the table! ;)

I must say though, I think Juke is a quality signing, next year i guarantee he'll be getting between 10-20 goals for us, if we can keep king too, i think he will be our 20 + goal scorer.

Keep the faith!!

PUSB

Users who are viewing this thread