10 game review (1 Viewer)

d3d4

Hi all,

I was wondering if you could help me. I am going to be doing the League One 10 game review podcast next week even though it is after 11 games :) and would like your opinions:

Who has been your best player thus far?

Who has been your most surprising player?

How have you done against your expectation?

also have a listen to our week 9 review here D3D4 Football Podcast Episode 11 – Week 9 Review | d3d4 Football

thanks
James
D3D4

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Jodi Jones - is there a better player currently in L2?

I'd say keeper Lee Burge considering (due to injury) O'brien was starting ahead of him yet by 10 games in he's now established himself as number 1 for the foreseeable future & saved is a few points already.

Inconsistent so far, I'd have hoped for a few more points and be sitting in the top 3 but will take 6th place 10 games in with the team gelling and injuries aplenty in the more attacking areas of the squad.

Otis

Who has been your best player thus far? JONES

JONES, BECAUSE HE WAS SO INCONSISTENT PREVIOUSLY AND NOW THIS SEASON HE IS PUTTING IN 90 MIN PERFORMANCES

SLIGHTLY WORSE. MIGHT SOUND ARROGANT, BUT WASN'T EXPECTING 3 DEFEATS IN A THIRD OF OUR MATCHES.

covcity4life

Jodi Jones - always looked like he had lots of talent when he first signed by tony mowbray 2 years ago but now he seems to be putting it all together consistently and is having alot of success. may well be the best player in the entire division on his day, certainly the most skillfull i would wager. gamechanger

Rob Macdonald - surprusing simply because i had never heard of him before we signed him and he has been excellent, could well have pipped jones to best player award tbf, maybe we have the best central defender in league 2 aswell!

on course so far, in top 7 and still in with big chance of winning the league

skybluegod

Best player:
Gonna go with Jones as well, as CC4L has said it could have been McDonald, if not been for a red card and missing a couple matches through injury.

Most Surprising:
Agree with Otis gonna be jones again because, he was so inconsistent last year, while he isn’t consistent still yet, even when he’s playing badly he has the ability to beat a player and produce some magic.

Position so far:
Exactly where I expected us to be with us improving with every game really.

Astute

Jones. He is becoming some player.

Jones. As above.

The season has gone just how I said it would before it started. Solid defence and midfield. But a lack of goals because we don't have a striker who can constantly score goals. We easily have the best defensive record. But only one team in the top 15 has scored less.

pastythegreat

Hi all,

I was wondering if you could help me. I am going to be doing the League One 10 game review podcast next week even though it is after 11 games :) and would like your opinions:

also have a listen to our week 9 review here D3D4 Football Podcast Episode 11 – Week 9 Review | d3d4 Football

thanks
James
D3D4
If your doing a League 1 review, dont you think itd be better asking fams of teams that are in League 1? Just a thought!

If your ever doing one on League 2 though, just shout. I'd be more than happy to assist!

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Just to be pedantic , were in the FOURTH division !!!

Hobo

Going ok next review Easter then we will really know.

shmmeee

Who has been your best player thus far? JONES

JONES, BECAUSE HE WAS SO INCONSISTENT PREVIOUSLY AND NOW THIS SEASON HE IS PUTTING IN 90 MIN PERFORMANCES

SLIGHTLY WORSE. MIGHT SOUND ARROGANT, BUT WASN'T EXPECTING 3 DEFEATS IN A THIRD OF OUR MATCHES.

YOUR HEARING AID IS OFF AGAIN OTIS!

steve82

Who been your best player thus far?

Jodi Jones. L2 sides seem to have trouble dealing with his pace, and quick feet. League 2 seems his stage at this time in his career having been very indifferent in L1. This year he is adding goals and confidence to his game. A rough gem with plenty of scope to further develop.
A regular in the football league team of the week this year too.

Has to be Rod Mcdonald in my opinion, he looks head and shoulders above many central defenders in L2. A real coup for a token fee from Northampton this summer. Calm composed, wonderful distribution and happy with the ball at his feet, more importantly physical enough to mix it with the L2 big strikers who rarely get the better of him.
Deserve's more praise than he's had and been a important figure in how tight our defence has been with our impressive goals conceded stats.

Slightly better than I anticipated after the latest win against Exeter. Performances have improved if only in spells or second halves to be exact, if and when we're more clinical in front of goal then someone's gonna be on the end of a big defeat. Defensively we look very robust, hopefully we can continue that as teams change there approach and become more direct over the winter months.

We're quietly keeping up with the play off places so it's a good start to build upon.

Mucca Mad Boys

Jodi Jones by a long distance.

Not a player, but the defence has surpassed my expectations by a mile. Six clean sheets in 9 is massively pleasing.

About where I’d expect us to be. The RICOH has been a fortress this year, beating Notts County and Exeter comfortably this far. However, two losses in four is a disappointing return and needs correcting if we’re to contend for an automatic promotion spot. But, it’s still early doors.

Otis

YOUR HEARING AID IS OFF AGAIN OTIS!
Yeah, I know. It's because at first I just quoted him and added my answer into his post but then I looked and saw it was hard to deduce what was the OP's input and what was mine, so then I decided to use caps, but that still didn't look right jumbled within his post, so I removed his quote marks and deleted some of his post so it just looked like my own post.

In the end all that that taking a short cut meant it took me three times longer.

wingy

Yeah, I know. It's because at first I just quoted him and added my answer into his post but then I looked and saw it was hard to deduce what was the OP's input and what was mine, so then I decided to use caps, but that still didn't look right jumbled within his post, so I removed his quote marks and deleted some of his post so it just looked like my own post.

In the end all that that taking a short cut meant it took me three times longer.
Go bold font next time Otis. B-)

Nick

Administrator
I still think it would be best if you let BBR promote the site and his articles, there's nothing worse than when people come on asking questions to push their links but have no interest in the actual answers.

People would be a lot more receptive with BBR and it would do his work more justice I think.

Otis

No, it's not. We have to be thinking top 3 though rather than top 7.

An unbeaten run now would be magnificent. A run of 7-8 games without defeat would bring real confidence and sense of invincibility to the side.

Astute

Not sure why anybody is rattling on about a lack of goals. We've scored 7 in our last 4 games spread fairly equally. That average is 80+ in a season.
But only 13 goals in 10 games. Only 1 team in the top 15 has scored less. And we got another 3 of them in a single game.

It is OK as long as we still have the best defence. And our next 5 games can make the stats look totally different. But goalscoring is our main worry so far.

Mucca Mad Boys

No, it's not. We have to be thinking top 3 though rather than top 7.

An unbeaten run now would be magnificent. A run of 7-8 games without defeat would bring real confidence and sense of invincibility to the side.

Looking at our next 5 games, with 3 of them being home games, we should be looking to win every one. I think we’ll get 4 wins and a draw personally.

dongonzalos

Hi all,

Jodi Jones

McNulty, unfortunately not in a positive way.

Not as good. I hoped we be well cemented in the top three. We are creating so many chances we just need someone who can finish. If Mcnukty comes good or we get someone in January. Then automatic is possible.

thanks
James
D3D4

fernandopartridge

But only 13 goals in 10 games. Only 1 team in the top 15 has scored less. And we got another 3 of them in a single game.

It is OK as long as we still have the best defence. And our next 5 games can make the stats look totally different. But goalscoring is our main worry so far.
The trajectory is positive though

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Astute

The trajectory is positive though
To me everything is positive. I was still positive a few weeks ago when nearly everyone else was suicidal.

With Jones we will always have a chance. Our opponents supporters seem to know all about him. If they don't they know who he is after the game.

But if you have confidence in us doing well you still have to be realistic. Otherwise you are on the verge of being deluded. If we lose Jones we don't have a ready replacement yet. There are good signs from a few players. But personally think Jones is the hardest to replace.

Users who are viewing this thread