1 more signing. (1 Viewer)

Ccfcisparks

If you could make 1 more REALISTIC signing before the start of the season who would it be and why? :)

BigadamL

i think jennings and another striker who can actually score, i have trust in AT in hopefully signing two more. :)

kg82

I'd say Jennings too, but I think we'll sign 2, maybe 3, more before the season starts.

Nonleagueherewecome

If you don't include Jennings (already in the bag IMO, just injured ATM) another striker. Not Heskey, as that is a very silly rumour.

Covstar

I would like to see Jennings, a decent goal scoring striker at this level (Stuart Beavon), another midfielder for back up/pushing for 1st team to keep the competitiveness up.

Nick

Administrator
I think somebody with a bit of pace about them to excite us. At the minute nobody in the squad so far really gets you sitting forward when they get the ball like an Ndlovu!

Has anybody got the link to the free player list?

Hateley's Heed

Lee Barnard from Southampton - proven scorer at lge 1 level, good age (28 i believe) and possible point to prove as he has been overlooked for the past season at southampton.

Up North Sky Blue

I think somebody with a bit of pace about them to excite us. At the minute nobody in the squad so far really gets you sitting forward when they get the ball like an Ndlovu!

Has anybody got the link to the free player list?

are we re=signing Ndlovu. brilliant? :claping hands:!

dongonzalos

If you could make 1 more REALISTIC signing before the start of the season who would it be and why? :)

A striker who scores goals and also can play as a creative midfielder. As we need both, Norwoods replacement and cody's competition, partner or back up.

skybluejack10

i think our priority should be another CM with the attributes jennings supposidely has and another striker with some pace, if he has a good goal record then that's great too. If there's any room for another player after signing those 2 players, get a pacy winger to excite us and scare opponents.

percy

nimley

i assume he enjoyed his time here and whilst he wasnt prolific he would be excellent in div 3. i think he would bring some much needed pace to the team and is very direct. defenders in our league wont enjoy facing him

dongonzalos

i think our priority should be another CM with the attributes jennings supposidely has and another striker with some pace, if he has a good goal record then that's great too. If there's any room for another player after signing those 2 players, get a pacy winger to excite us and scare opponents.

Agree with all of the above.

ccfcway

---------------------Murphy------------------
Clarke---Malaga---------Wood----Hussey
-----------------Thomas---------------------
------Jennings--------Barton--------------
-----------------Fleck------------------------
---------Cody-----------Nimely------------

Subs (from)

Cameron
Edge
Brown
Christie
Bell
Baker
Kilbane
McSheffrey
Elliott
RoD
Ball

and thats without the kids

Jennings and Nimely please

dongonzalos

Subs (from)

Cameron
Edge
Brown
Christie
Bell
Baker
Kilbane
McSheffrey
Elliott
RoD
Ball

and thats without the kids

Jennings and Nimely please

That squad I would say top 4 minimum.

ccfcway

we could actually have 2 teams without using any of the kids..

------------------Dunn--------------------
Christie----Edge---Cameron-----Kilbane
--------------Brown--------------------
------Bell-----------Baker----------------
-----------McSheffrey-------------------
-----Elliott------------Ball---------------

Just leaves RoD as surplus to requirements !

sylus

we could actually have 2 teams without using any of the kids..

------------------Dunn--------------------
Christie----Edge---Cameron-----Kilbane
--------------Brown--------------------
------Bell-----------Baker----------------
-----------McSheffrey-------------------
-----Elliott------------Ball---------------

Just leaves RoD as surplus to requirements !

nimely! how many goals in how many games..my dead grandfather would score more

SkyBluePryce

don't see why everyone's making such a fuss about Jennings, if he does sign he may turn out to be a gem, however hardly lit the SPL a light or League 1 when with Tranmere. Motherwell only offered him a one year extension last year, therefore showing little faith (unless other reasons). Plus when we had a hard worker (Doyle) most of the fans were slagging him off saying he cant pass/ not creative. Now he's gone everyone wants a player like that again until potentially when the day comes and he also isn't creative enough or a ball player. Not saying he is that sort of player, but I haven'y heard anything else other than he's a hard worker. If i was to have one last signing, i'd want a pacey forward or winger, perhaps a player like Jermaine McGlashan from Cheltenham, still a bit raw but a lot of pace and may become a good little player who plays RW/ST. OR Byron Moore- Crewe winger looked good in the few games i've seen.

ccfcway

don't see why everyone's making such a fuss about Jennings, if he does sign he may turn out to be a gem, however hardly lit the SPL a light or League 1 when with Tranmere. Motherwell only offered him a one year extension last year, therefore showing little faith (unless other reasons). Plus when we had a hard worker (Doyle) most of the fans were slagging him off saying he cant pass/ not creative. Now he's gone everyone wants a player like that again until potentially when the day comes and he also isn't creative enough or a ball player. Not saying he is that sort of player, but I haven'y heard anything else other than he's a hard worker. If i was to have one last signing, i'd want a pacey forward or winger, perhaps a player like Jermaine McGlashan from Cheltenham, still a bit raw but a lot of pace and may become a good little player who plays RW/ST. OR Byron Moore- Crewe winger looked good in the few games i've seen.

pretty sure astute doesnt want to say it again, but this maybe too tempting for him :thinking about:

Astute

:D

He only signed a 1 year contract as it was his decision. They wanted him to sign a 3 year one for this season. Rangers were also interested. He wants to come back to England. Lots of mates on Merseyside and Manchester including Rooney.

old westender

Stuart Bevon for me if he can score so many goals for a relegated team you can not go wrong {might be a fee so doubt if we will sign him }

Astute

how do you know all of this astute :thinking about:

My lad knows a mate of his in Glasgow. Spoke to him after it was announced we were after him. When I mentioned it on here at the time someone mentioned it was Rooneys dad he got arrested with on the alledged betting scam on a player getting sent off when Jennings got 2 yellow cards :D

Any more questions?

Users who are viewing this thread